Volunteer with us
If you would like to join us at the Older People’s research Group we are always looking for volunteers who are over 50, who share our philosophy of making a difference to older people’s lives.
In our group we discussed the benefits which attracted us to be part of the group. Between us we came up with -
We would offer you:
- opportunities to connect and communicate
- the opportunity to bring your own skills and add to your learning
- meetings with like -minded people and do something worthwhile for people the same age and older
- the opportunity to use your existing skills and learn new ones
- the opportunity to make new friends with similar interests and use your life skills to communicate with older people
- the opportunity to join a group of like minded people who want to make a difference to older people’s lives
- training in social research skills and conducting research
- a sense of satisfaction
- travelling expenses to meetings and when doing project work.
If you are interested in joining us and would like further details contact our chair Len on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone him on 01245 350214.
Before you make your decision to contact Len you may like to read what some of our current members say about being part of the Older People’s Research Group.
What our volunteers say
I happened to see an advert in the paper a free research training course. Having just given up an interesting job to become a full time carer it seemed just the thing to help me adjust between a busy working life and a very stressful life at home. Am I glad I happened to read the local paper that day? Absolutely
I value the friends I have made through the group and feel that during the time I have been with the Older People’s Research Group I have learnt new skills and been able to contribute to projects that will make a difference to people’s lives as they age.
I used research skills when I worked so felt I could bring these to the group.I felt it would be good to have an idea about the sort of services out there which I might need in the future. Perhaps I could influence them.